When we found out that today was National Blueberry Popsicle Day, we decided the best way for us to share this moment with Kaftan Life fans would be to post a delicious late summer frozen cocktail recipe featuring -- you guessed it -- blueberries!
And You Thought Today Was Only Labor Day
Today is extra special because it's also National Blueberry Popsicle Day! In the pantheon of obscure national holidays, this one's hardly the strangest. FFS, in just a few weeks on September 24th, we'll be spending the day triple-checking emails to our friends in recognition of National Punctuation Day®. (For what it's worth, it must be stressful to maintain an entire website dedicated to punctuation perfection.)
Anyway, today's not for copy editing. Today, we're celebrating National Blueberry Popsicle Day the best way we know how:
Making A Blueberry
Popsicle FROZEN COCKTAIL!
This Blueberry Popsicle Day, we're sharing our favorite recipe for a frozen blueberry cocktail. It's bright, crisp, refreshing and easy to make in batches -- perfect for enjoying on your day off today, and for sharing with friends at the time of year when the summer heat refuses to quit. We experimented with a few different recipes to find our fave, and here it is: The Frozen Blueberry Lime Cocktail!
Recipe: Frozen Blueberry Lime Cocktail
(Makes 2 cocktails; scale ingredients for larger batches)
- A blender that can handle ice
- Optional: A citrus juicer (if using fresh limes)
- 3 oz gin (we think the botanicals in Death's Door go great with blueberry)
- 2 oz lime juice (1 large lime's worth; you can substitute a decent bottled lime juice)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries (fresh is alright, but you might need to compensate by adding more ice)
- 1 Tbsp agave syrup (or honey)
- 1 cup ice cubes (more may be needed if not using frozen blueberries)
- 2 sprigs mint (for garnish)
- Combine gin, lime juice, blueberries, agave and ice in blender. Blend until smooth.
- Serve in your choice of vessels. Garnish with mint. Martini glasses, margarita glasses or julep cups work well!
Above: All our ingredients, prepped and ready!
Above: Before and after blending. Such a pretty color!
Tweaking This Recipe
Gin isn't for everyone. That's okay, because this blueberry frozen cocktail recipe is also wonderful when made with your favorite vodka or silver tequila. If you choose tequila and want a little more citrus flavor, add 2 oz triple sec (for 2 cocktails) and the optional salted glass rim, and you've got a blueberry margarita!
Happy Labor Day & National Blueberry Popsicle Day!
We at Kaftan Life wish you a Happy Labor Day and a Happy Blueberry Popsicle Day! Have questions, comments or suggestions on the Frozen Blueberry Lime Cocktail recipe above? Let us know in the comments!
Share your own National Blueberry Day recipes and drinks with us on Instagram @kaftanlife!
Like This Post? Pin It!